Gosh I can’t believe it’s 2016… This time last year I was rushing around like a headless chicken and didn’t have a clue what I was doing. This year I’m still a bit of a headless chicken, but a pretty chilled one. I’m basically in denial that my mind is a bit all over the place, haha.
So what are my resolutions this year? This question has been sitting in my mind since Christmas and even now I’m not too sure. The truth is that I’m incredibly indecisive and would rather just go with the flow without having any goals in mind.
Setting resolutions and sticking to them is, thus, out of my comfort zone, but I’m willing to break that uncomfortable feeling and go ahead and achieve them. I do have a whole year to do them, after all… Here goes!
1. Start beauty blogging. Not too sure if you’ve seen my tweets lately but I’ve been reading a lot of beauty blogs lately and I really, really want to try it out. I have a few ideas written down already, so hopefully I can get one posted this month! If all goes to plan, I’m going to do one beauty post every month.
2. Do more gyaru-kei style. Otherwise known as “casual gyaru”. I rarely have the opportunity to wear MA*RS nowadays with work and general life stuff getting in the way, so I’ll be reserving my OTT looks for special occassions and just take it easy the rest of the time. You can still be gyaru even if you’re wearing casual clothes. It’s all about the hair and makeup after all! That would never change, only my clothes will.
3. Look after myself. I’m going to stock up on all of those pamper weekends and I’d love to go to a spa one day! I’ve stopped buying superstore soap and opt for Lush products instead, because everything feels so good on my skin (and smells divine).
4. Worry less. This is going to be so hard because I tend to worry about every thing you could possibly worry about.
5. Create. I want to focus more on my illustration stuff this year and aim to start & finish something within a week. Also a pretty hard thing to do, but I’m determined to see this one through!
6. Clear out my wardrobe. I have so much stuff that I rarely wear anymore, so I’m going to do that technique where you turn your coat hangers the wrong way, and when you wear something you turn it the right way. After a few months you can start seeing the clothes you don’t wear!
7. Pick up on my Chinese again. I had this game on my phone called “Mindsnacks” which teaches you Chinese as you play on it. I managed to get to level 7 before I just stopped playing it, and since then I’ve forgotten everything I’ve learnt (boo). My goal is to get back to level 7 in 3 months time!
8. Spend less. I spent so much money on clothes these past few years and it really needs to stop! I’m only going to buy something if I give something else away from now on.
9. Travel more. This isn’t just for 2016 but for life in general! I’m going to write a list of the top ten places I want to visit and then slowly tick them off. “Travel” also includes those nice weekend getaways and just hanging out with my friends in general.
10. Improve my blogging. Last, but definitely not least, I want to keep on blogging and improve on the way I write posts. I take all of my photos on my phone at the moment because I’m a bit of a n00b when it comes to fancy cameras, so I need to improve on that. I did a poll on Twitter a couple of days ago and people seem to love my OOTD/LOTD posts, with beauty posts coming second and then reviews, so I want my blog to be a mixture of those in 2016.
And that’s all for today! What are your resolutions for 2016? I’d love to hear about them! ♡