The year ended as it began; with my friends and family, because no matter how good or bad the year was, as long as I’ve got them then nothing else matters. It will end and begin on a high, what more could I ask for?
2016 was… Interesting, to say the least, but that’s so last year (haha) and now it’s time to focus on 2017! I have to admit that I did not stick to my last year’s resolutions at all. And you know what? I don’t think I’m going to stick to them this year either. Making resolutions sucks because you get this false sense of hope that you’ll be a better person but you end up just staying the same. Oops.
Instead I’ve made a to-do list for 2017 because I just love ticking things off, especially when it’s things that are super easy to do which makes me feel like I’ve achieved something. The first thing on my list was to enter the year looking as glamorous as can be, and what better than to dress up like a gothic princess-in-training? I’ve fallen in love with my dark side and couldn’t wait to find the chance to wear this gorgeous velvet dress I picked up from Quiz.
So, my to-do list… I’m going to focus on three areas this year: blogging, designing and general lifestyle. I’ve managed to break everything down into bullet points so here goes!
- Create a whole list of topics every month (ranging from the weird and wonderful to general blogging stuff)
- Organise my social media pages – the more photos I take for blog posts, the better
- Find a good social media calendar for Facebook, Twitter & Instagram (got any tips for me?)
- Take part in more Twitter chats
- Experiment more with my DSLR and take more photos in general – get out of the “auto” mode! Learn that fancy stuff!
02. Art & Design
- Try out some sample design briefs online every two weeks
- Delve into my university archives and learn about design history to refresh my memory
- Do some illustration on the side
- Replace all of my makeup with cruelty-free alternatives (only when the said makeup product has ran out… Don’t want to waste anything)
- Use up all of my household products to then replace with eco-friendly alternatives
- Grow more plants
- Do a massive clear out. Like, massive clear out
- Once the above is done – sell any items or give them to charity
Phew, that felt good writing all of that down! I never really get stressed about creating resolutions but this year I found it increasingly difficult. There are just so many things I want to achieve and writing all of what’s in my head and breaking them into a to-do list has definitely helped.
So what have you got planned for 2017? Got any resolutions, or to-do lists? Let me know in the comment below!
Until next Sunday ♡