One of my favourite to-do lists of all time has been my travel bucketlist. When I was growing up my parents made it our yearly goal to go on holiday – it didn’t matter how far or how close it was, but we would pack our bags and travel for a couple of weeks to a whole new place. But, sadly, as I grew up and moved out for university it all changed… I travelled a lot less – so much so that for a few years I didn’t go anywhere at all.
But now I’ve been hit by the wanderlust bug, hard. I just want to go out and explore! I’ve been scrolling endlessly through travel blogs and came across Kirsty’s post on ‘30 countries before 30‘ and it really inspired me to write this post.
So here it is – my ultimate travel bucketlist. I’ll put a little heart next to the places I’ve been and things I’ve done (that I might revisit one day).
30 Places to Explore Before I’m 30
- Wear a kimono in Japan ♥
- Hop over to Iceland to see the Northern Lights
- Go through Venice on a gondola ♥
- Walk along the canal in Amsterdam ♥
- Go shopping in New York ♥
- Be inspired by the Great Wall of China ♥
- Walk along the Amalfi Coast
- Discover what ‘relaxation’ really means in the Maldives
- Pretend I’m a gladiator in the Colosseum in Rome ♥
- Trawl through Edinburgh to spot all of the magical Harry Potter destinations
- Be inspired by the beautiful windows of the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona ♥
- Get lost among the winding alleyways of Nice’s old town
- Gaze at the beautiful fairytale castle that is Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany ♥
- Sip mint tea and overlook the Jemaa el-Fna in Marrakech ♥
- Stand beneath the Eiffel Tower in Paris ♥
- Wander through Brussels’ Grand Place ♥
- Get inspired by Singapore’s Gardens by the Bay
- Walk along the Cardiff bay ♥
- Explore the Lower Town of Grund in Luxembourg ♥
- Witness the beauty of Dubai atop of the Burj Khalifa
- Go gambling with the rich at the Monte-Carlo Casino in Monaco
- Take a stroll in the Shambles at York
- Celebrate Halloween in Disneyworld (or Disneyland)
- Try not to be sick as my hubby drives down the Stelvio Pass in Northern Italy
- Go deep down into the belly of the Pyramids of Giza in Egypt ♥
- Pretend I’m a Greek Goddess as I clamber around the Acropolis of Athens ♥
- Taste real French wine within the beautiful city of Bordeaux ♥
- Gobble up some delicious Shanghai dumplings in an old teahouse in Shanghai ♥
- Live in a real-life fairytale as I walk through the Black Forest
- Discover the real meaning of Christmas in Lapland
I’ve linked the ones I’ve written for blog posts for, as I’d love to do more travel blogging, but some I didn’t really have any photos for as I was very young when I went… I guess it gives me another reason to go again!
Pin me for later!
What are your top countries and places to visit?
Do you have a travel bucket list? Let me know in the comments below! Who knows, I might even add more onto this list, tehehehe…