I finally did the thing; I went to Warner Bros. Studios aka the Harry Potter studios in London! It was one of the best days of my life, and I feel happy just thinking about it! Getting up at the crack of dawn was so worth it, and I thank whoever created makeup because it was a lifesaver for covering up how tired I actually felt. I channelled Ravenclaw vibes I opted for my blue dress and white pompoms for the Swankiss-inspired look. I’ve been obsessed with these hair ties lately, and I can definitely see myself wearing them more often.
Can you believe it’s nearly August already? Neither can I… I’m really happy though because I’m a summer baby, and I just wish it would stay sunny and warm here forever! But this is England we’re talking about, so of course that’s never going to happen.
Today’s post is going to be short and sweet where I ramble about whatever I can think of so that we can get to know each other better. It’s crazy because no matter how many years I’ve been blogging, I feel like I haven’t really opened up to you all yet aside from gyaru. So here goes… 15 things about me!
1. I am very emotional. It all started when I saw the film “Man on Fire”. I never used to shed a single tear when it comes to films but ever since I saw that one I seem to cry at everything that shows the slightest bit of emotional. I hate seeing people cry as it makes me cry too, especially when their voices crack. I just want to cuddle them! Being emotional has made me quick-tempered now too, but I calm down just as fast! I also get really defensive when it comes to my friends and family.
2. I always try to see the best in people. The amount of chances I give to people is countless, and I guess this makes me a bit of a pushover. I never listen to what other people say about each other because I think that it’s best to find out yourself. Most of the time it does work, but I’ve had had a few occasions where I wish I listened to those people instead of giving the bad people a chance to prove themselves.
3. I’m not actually that tall. I’m 165.6cm, which is pretty average! My long legs makes me look taller, especially when I wear heels!
4. I love makeup, but gosh it drives me crazy sometimes. My sensitive skin + makeup is never a good idea. I am in the middle of finding a solution for my puffy eyes that I get during hayfever season so that I could wear makeup more, but it’s a challenge.
5. Gyaru means the world to me. I have been so close to quitting as I haven’t had time to do it lately but I couldn’t leave it behind. I have made some of the closest friends because of gyaru and it has taught me so much… I don’t know what I would do without it! I love it so much that I actually created a post where I explain how much it has impacted my life.
6. I am amazing at pulling faces. Have you seen my photos? Well this post is a perfect example.
7. I love cats. Because cats.
8. I have so many goals and aspirations but just not enough time to do them. I want to keep practising French, pick up Chinese again, do more design work… If anyone has good ideas on time management or have learnt two languages at the same time, please let me know! I really want to achieve my goals…
9. I am double-jointed. My hands can do these really weird things that freaks some people out but I think it’s pretty cool.
10. I am a geek at heart. I love learning about new things especially if it’s myths and legends! My favourites are the Ancient Greeks. They were pretty messed up, but the gods & goddesses were badass. I prefer reading children’s books than “adult” books.
11. I have a very short attention spam. This is the main reason I tend to juggle lots of things at once – if I was just concentrating on one thing I’ll get bored. Guess this is why I can never stick to one style *cough* style chameleon *cough*.
12. I am allergic to exercise. I tried running to the train station once and got a massive cramp in my foot. Not cool.
13. My immune system is near non-existent. This is probably because I don’t exercise… I hate doing it so much and I’m always too tired to do it. If anyone knows of any quick exercises that I can do daily that would be great! Although preferably not ones where I would lose weight.
14. I am a sucker for cute underwear. For some reason whenever I wear cute underwear it makes me feel really cute? Like a magical girl or something? Strange.
15. Despite everything, I’m an extremely shy person. I always worry about whether or not people will like me which makes me panic a little. Like when I went to the International Gyaru Meet I was so nervous because I thought I might annoy everyone and they won’t like me, but the people there were the nicest and funniest people I’ve ever met ♡
And that’s all for today! I hope you liked this post. It was hard trying to think of 15 things…
See you next Sunday! ♡
(I realised that I did this post back in 2012… Whoops)
|Photo credit: Hyper Japan|
Last week I went to Hyper Japan at the O2 and had an amazing time. I wasn’t too sure that I would’ve been able make it so everything was really last minute, but luckily I was still able to attend the fashion show. This did mean getting up at 6am to get ready, but some things are worth sacrificing for and I was way too excited to be tired anyway.
I can’t believe that it’s already halfway through the year… When I thought about this the other day I started to panic because I felt like I haven’t achieved anything at all. But then I realised that I made some big steps, and I wanted to write a blog post to remind myself that I’m doing okay and that I have achieved quite a lot of things so far.
So what have I done so far this year?
Yesterday I organised a mini-meet in Birmingham to see if there were any gals in the area. London can be quite far for some people (as well as expensive) and Birmingham is the next biggest city that I know of. It went quite well! I met some new people which was cool and the best thing was that Chewiee came to visit me at the same time!
We both wore agejo for the meet! Gosh I love wearing this style so much. It’s so fun getting ready with a friend! I wore my MA*RS skirt and paired it with a pink top that I got from boohoo and a MA*RS hoodie for a more “casual” agejo look.
Hey cuties! How are you today? ♡
I went to see Cinderella with a friend last weekend! I was supposed to see it ages ago but I had to push back my plans because I was ill ;_; So it gave me something to look forward to!
I decided to wear something a bit more ‘princess-y’, and what’s more princess-like than my Liz Lisa set? I’m so happy that I was able to get this from Kawaii Gyaru Shop as they sell out so quickly… I’m hoping to get more Liz Lisa items when it gets warmer. Idk why but I’ve been really digging light, ‘girly’ gyaru looks!
Instead of wearing the whole set I just wore the top and paired it with some light-coloured jeans to make it look more casual. It’s finally starting to get warm enough to wear all of my spring stuff!
Top: Kawaii Gyaru Shop (coupon code: LIZBEE) / Jeans: Reveal / Heels: Sweet Soul Shop / Acc: Primark & Claire’s Accessories
I also received my Sailor Moon Selfie Stick from Official Syndrome Store that I won in a giveaway back in February! There were a few complications with shipping (Easter is a b*tch in terms of postage) but I was so happy to receive it in the end. I was so worried that it was going to be lost in the mail again.
As I had an hour or so to spare I decided to have a play around with it. I’m still trying to get to grips with it… I can’t balance anything to save my life!
I love this selfie stick! It’s going to take me a while to get used to, but it’s so cute! ꒰* ॢꈍ◡ꈍ ॢ꒱.*˚‧♡
After my selfie session I went off to the cinema! Is it me or is it getting more and more expensive to go and watch films nowadays? I easily spent nearly £15 just buying a ticket and some popcorn o_o Such a rip off! But I had a really nice time all the same. I just loved Cinderella’s ball dress, and the prince was played by Richard Madden who I really liked in Game of Thrones.
|That dress *_*|
After the cinema I then treated myself to some ice-cream/sundae! I got ‘Chocolate Overload’ and it was delicious *3*
That’s all for today! Have you guys seen Cinderella? I would definitely recommend the film to those
who love Disney! It pretty much stuck to the original storyline, and the
costume design was amazing.
Until next Sunday~ ♡
Lizzie Bee xx
Hey everyone! How are you today? Did you have a good week & weekend so far? ♡ Sorry for not posting last Sunday… I was really ill with migraines and a fever so I didn’t have the energy to post! I managed to have the strength to post a status about it on my Facebook page which was good! I didn’t want to leave you all stranded.
Anyway, the other week I met up with my cuties Chewiee, Maz and Sui! ꒰* ॢꈍ◡ꈍ ॢ꒱.*˚‧♡ Sui was over in London for a bit so I just had to see her. I’m trying to travel to see my friends more but it’s proving to be quite difficult because I don’t have a lot of free time too… Nor money. So upsetting. But I’ve been good and I’ve only bought some flatforms from eBay inspired by my last post (but they were too small) and I have some accessories now! My Swankiss-inspired wardrobe is slowly building up.
As it’s still building up I haven’t been able to put together a complete outfit, so I went back to my agejo roots. I guess it’s okay for now but I’m bursting to try out a new style!
Hey cuties! How are you today? ♡
It was the International Day of Happiness a few days ago (or weeks, I’m really behind on blogging haha). I didn’t know about it until I read it on Facebook, and strangely enough it was a really good day for me. One of the main things was that my bby Chewiee came over to visit!
We’ve both been really digging into the whole Swankiss look recently, so when she came round we tried it out! I really want to be able to put together some Swankiss-inspired outfits but I’m still really nervous about dressing over-the-top cute ;_; So my outfit wasn’t really Swankiss inspired… I just wanted an excuse to wear my Sailor Moon fleece tehehehe~ Magical Girl Power! Hopefully next time I can put together a more Swankiss inspired coordinate, but today I am Sailor Gyaru!
Sailor Moon Fleece: Spreepicky / Shorts: Reveal / Tights: eBay / Pumps: Primark / Acc: Muse & MCM Expo
I really love the way the shop staff at Swankiss incorporate lots of bright colours, especially in their eye makeup. I was starting to get really bored of just wearing shades of brown and blacks all of the time, so for that day I decided to go for blues and pinks tones. I also tried out eye bags! I used to think it was really weird and a bit painful to look out, but now I think it’s super cute!
Time for some selfies! The lighting in my room was so good that day!
We did a little shopping and I treated myself to a new dress that I think looks great with onee gyaru as well as a cute satchel-sorta-bag to go with my outfit! The rest were just some makeup necessities. It’s amazing how much makeup costs o_o Then we headed out to get some ice-cream! I got “Strawberry Blonde”.
After that we just relaxed and then went out for some Chinese food in the evening before she had to go. It was so lovely to just chill out!
I’ve been thinking a lot about my style over the past week or so… Don’t get me wrong, I’ll never leave agejo completely, but I think it’s nice to dabble with new styles and right now I feel a lot more comfortable doing gal make & hair but ditching the brand clothes. I’ll see how this goes!
Alright I guess that’s it for today! Until next Sunday! ♡
Lizzie Bee xx
Hey everyone! How are you today? I was so happy to see a lot of positive reactions from my last post “What Gyaru Means to Me“. It really means a lot that you guys are so supportive, and looking at my old posts reminded me of the early excitement of discovering a new style. When I saw gyaru I knew that I had finally found “me”! I’m so happy that that excitement hasn’t died down! Gyaru is so amazing.
I’ve been dressing in gyaru more recently which is good because while I was at uni I missed out on dolling up quite a lot, especially when I started working… So it was really refreshing! I also went to some meetups this past week.
I was just flicking through my blog the other day to search for some inspiration when I found myself looking at my old livejournal blog. Whilst scrolling my eyes I discovered my very first post where I mentioned gyaru and couldn’t help but noticed the date…
November 2010. 2010.
I just sat there like: holy mother of pandas, that long ago? I still remember my first days of gyaru where I was incredibly cringey and was adamant that a stroke of eyeliner was enough to call myself gal. And boy how wrong I was! Gyaru, as cheesy as it sounds, has changed my life, and so I decided to put together this post on what gyaru means to me!
|Photo credit: David Kaiser|
I had, hands down, one of the best weekends of my life! Wanna’ know why? It’s because I attended the International Gyaru Lovers Winter Meetup! It was the first time that I met gaijin gyaru from different parts in Europe and oh my gosh it was amazing! I had a lot of fun… And the whole losing-my-voice-and-looking-like-a-zombie was totally worth it!
Warning: lots of pictures ahead! And I mean, LOTS!
Hey everyone! How’re you? ♡
I think this month must be the busiest month I ever had; I’ve been to around 5 dinners in the past two weeks plus all of the other things I had to do… I’m feeling a bit worn out!
So today I’m being super lazy and I’m showing you what’s in my makeup bag! This is my “main” bag that I always carry around with me where I just keep my essentials, and I have another bigger one which contains the rest of my makeup.
To start off I apply some foundation & concealer before patting it down with some compact powder. I usually use MAC foundation but I ran out so I chose Bourjois as an alternative. It smells so good and it’s pretty thin, making it easier to spread around.
Then it’s time to do the contouring; I love the Sleek Contour Palette, and for my nose I use a really light concealer stick and white eyeshadow.
I was going to put the blushers in the “base” section but couldn’t fit everything into one photo, so this is going to be my base part 2. I love BeautyUK blushers (you can tell which is my favourite shade) but I really liked the pigment in the MUA one. Unfortunately I chucked it away right after this photo as it exploded in my makeup bag. Not cool.
Time for the eyes! I start off by doing my brows before moving onto putting some mascara on. I tend to get quite messy with mascara because of my short lashes, so I cover it up with eyeshadow tehehe. I normally have two eyeshadow palettes in my bag, but when I’m travelling I just take the MUA one because the colour shows up so much better against my skin. I do have a Naked eyeshadow palette for Christmas that I haven’t opened yet… I should probably start using that.
I then put on some gel liner~ I swear by Maybelline, it is the best liner I’ve ever tried. I used to wear liquid liner but it looked really messy and I find it so much easier using a brush (which I forgot to take a photo of here, d’oh!). I use pencil liner for the waterline.
I keep all of my most-used lashes in this cute container that I got from Kawaii Gyaru Shop. It’s so handy! It’s really small too so I always carry it in my hand bag when I wear my lashes, just in case. I also have two separate lash glues for upper and lower.
Last, but not least, the lips! If I’m wearing pink lippy I tend to put on a nude colour just beforehand because I’ve got really dark lips. For reds I go by Kate by Rimmel – it’s amazing! Would definitely suggest it!
And I guess that’s it! It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these posts but it looks like I still stuck by the same brands as I did ages ago… Oh wells! I know that I haven’t really included lashes (as all of my most-used ones are in the little case) so maybe I could do a post on all of the lashes I own? Hmm.
Anyways! Until next Sunday~ ♡
Hey everyone! How have you been this week? Done anything exciting? ♡
Last weekend we had our first JEWEL gyaru meet! ꒰ෆ❛ั ु▿❛ั ु꒱ JEWEL【ジュエル】is a UK gyaru unit, and so it was very exciting for us! It was formed by me and my friends Chewiee, Emmie, Marie, Emilie & Kei as we want to revive the gal community in the UK and spread the word! It’s still in its initial stages, but we have big plans for it. Fingers crossed that it goes smoothly!
I wasn’t feeling very well this day, but seeing everyone made me really happy (♡ॢ˃̶̤̀◡˂̶̤́♡ॢ) I went for a more casual agejo look this time~ I really wanted to do hime but I’ve realised that I don’t have anything good for winter! ;_; maybe it’s a good excuse to buy some more…? Tehehehe.
Cardigan, skirt & belt: MA*RS / Top: boohoo.com / Heels: Dorothy Perkins / Acc: Muse & New Look
This meet was slightly different to what we usually did. We wanted it to be ‘cosy’ so we hung around Chewiee’s house and read magazines! I brought my BETTY hair bibles (which I love); I really hope I can do some of those hairstyles soon! It was lovely getting to know people that I haven’t met before, and people who I haven’t spoke to in ages!
|Me & Melissa|
Awh, look at everyone looking pretty and- wait, what the hell are those two doing in the corner?!
We really just chilled out! It was very relaxing~ plus it was way too cold outside to hang around the city. But afterwards we did go and do some karaoke! It was so dark in the room though so I couldn’t take photos ꒰੭ ❛⃘⌢❜⃘⃘ಃ ꒱໊ luckily Chewiee had one!
I’m such a terrible singer, so I had to apologise so many times for my awful singing ;_; But I didn’t feel so embarrassed because I was with all of my friends and having fun!
Before I knew it I had to go home… I really can’t wait until the next meet (or me2 in gyaru slang!). Let’s hope there’s another one before Christmas ∗˚೫˳(●ᴖ͙̏ᴗॢᴖ͙̋●)˳೫˚∗
Guess that’s all for now cuties. Until next Sunday ♡
Lizzie Bee xx