One of the most – if not the most – important things about gyaru is the makeup. It’s the one thing that hasn’t changed and is what separates you from a trendy girl to a trendy gyaru! The makeup style has gotten softer over the years but I absolutely love pairing the more dramatic makeup styles with something soft like himekaji (for those who are not familiar with himekaji, it roughly translates to “casual princess”, read here for more on the different gyaru styles), so I’m a bit old-school in that sense.
So today I want to share a gyaru makeup tutorial that is perfect if you are on the sweet side of gyaru, where the general application is a bit softer than your usual gyaru looks yet still follows the basic principles of gyaru makeup. This also works for those who can’t wear circle lenses! This is the look that we’re going to achieve today:
And now onto the tutorial!
- Start by covering the whole lid in shimmery medium-brown eyeshadow.
- Use a darker shade of brown along the bottom of the eyelid, and then gently blend it.
- Use the darker brown on the bottom on the outer corner of your eye, and then dab a light shimmery eyeshadow on the inner corner.
- Draw one your eyeliner with liquid eyeliner on your top lid, and drag the line down so that it extends past your natural eye shape. This is what makes the cute droopy eye look! Also line the inner corner of my eye by following your natural eye shape, and then use pencil eyeliner to line to the middle of your eye.
- Put on mascara.
- Now it’s time for the lashes! I used Jewerich Sexy Eye for uppers and then some cheap eBay ones for the bottom lashes.
And there we have it! Let me know if you have any questions, and I can’t wait to see you try it out!