Many years ago I used to curl my hair with curling tongs, only for them to drop a couple of hours later. It took longer for me to curl them than for them to actually stay, so I have long since given up on doing them. I much prefer doing no-heat wavy hair tutorials over drooping curls any day! Not only does it mean that I won’t damage my hair, but it saves me time for having to style it before a gal meet. It’s a win/win situation and since you’ve asked me how I did it in this post, I decided to not only create a hair tutorial on how I get my wavy hair, but to also create some other no-heat hair tutorials that I do when I’m on the go!
The Super-Easy Wavy Hair Tutorial
Pin this super easy no-heat waves tutorial for later!
- Make sure your hair is damp and then part your hair into three sections.
- Plait the middle section and then half the front two sections. Then plait half of the halved sections.
- Plait the small front plait with the other half of the front.
- Plait all three plaits together.
- ON THE DAY: Put a cute lil’ hair accessory at the end of it and you’re done!
- NEXT DAY: Wake up the next morning and make sure your hair is completely dry before unravelling your plaits. Spray generously with hair spray and then you’re done!
See? Super easy! I do this all of the time (in fact I do it for most gal meets I go to) because of how easy it is. It’s also a pretty hairstyle to have during the day so you could always style it in the morning, and then have waves at night.
Cute Lil’ Plaited/Braided Buns
This is a hairstyle that I learnt recently when I didn’t have time to wash my hair or to style it properly before hanging out with some of my blogging pals, and it lasted the whole day! I also filmed an IGTV tutorial of this if you wanna’ watch a video of it, and it’s incredibly easy to do.
Pin this cute lil’ plaited buns tutorial for later!
- Split your hair into half and then up into two pigtails. Hint: works better if they’re quite high up!
- Plait each pigtail and secure with one of those small elastic bands.
- Slowly wrap each plaited pigtail until it forms a bun, and sure with bobby pins!
I do this hairstyle when my hair is a little bit greasy because it covers it up so well tehe. Here’s how I do it!
Pin this milkmaid braids tutorial for later!
- Split your hair into half.
- Braid them/plait them.
- Take one braid over your head to the other side and secure it in place with hair grips/bobby pins.
- Do the same to the other side.
Bubble Ponytails Hairstyle
Pin this bubble ponytails tutorial for later!
- Split your hair into half and then up into two pigtails.
- At every two inches or so, secure your hair with a hair bobble/elastic band.
- Repeat until you go all the way down your hair.
- Gently pinch and pull at each section to create your desired bubble shape.
- BONUS: You can always dress up your hair by adding in bows or roses to cover up the elastic bands!
Which no-heat hairstyle are you going to try? Let me know when you’ve tried it out – I can’t wait to see your results!