Many years ago I used to curl my hair with curling tongs, only for them to drop a couple of hours later. It took longer for me to curl them than for them to actually stay, so I have long since given up on doing them. I much prefer doing no-heat wavy hair tutorials over drooping curls any day! Not only does it mean that I won’t damage my hair, but it saves me time for having to style it before a gal meet. It’s a win/win situation and since you’ve asked me how I did it in this post, I decided to not only create a hair tutorial on how I get my wavy hair, but to also create some other no-heat hair tutorials that I do when I’m on the go!
The Super-Easy Wavy Hair Tutorial
Pin this super easy no-heat waves tutorial for later!
- Make sure your hair is damp and then part your hair into three sections.
- Plait the middle section and then half the front two sections. Then plait half of the halved sections.
- Plait the small front plait with the other half of the front.
- Plait all three plaits together.
- ON THE DAY: Put a cute lil’ hair accessory at the end of it and you’re done!
- NEXT DAY: Wake up the next morning and make sure your hair is completely dry before unravelling your plaits. Spray generously with hair spray and then you’re done!
See? Super easy! I do this all of the time (in fact I do it for most gal meets I go to) because of how easy it is. It’s also a pretty hairstyle to have during the day so you could always style it in the morning, and then have waves at night.
Cute Lil’ Plaited/Braided Buns
This is a hairstyle that I learnt recently when I didn’t have time to wash my hair or to style it properly before hanging out with some of my blogging pals, and it lasted the whole day! I also filmed an IGTV tutorial of this if you wanna’ watch a video of it, and it’s incredibly easy to do.
Pin this cute lil’ plaited buns tutorial for later!
- Split your hair into half and then up into two pigtails. Hint: works better if they’re quite high up!
- Plait each pigtail and secure with one of those small elastic bands.
- Slowly wrap each plaited pigtail until it forms a bun, and sure with bobby pins!
I do this hairstyle when my hair is a little bit greasy because it covers it up so well tehe. Here’s how I do it!
Pin this milkmaid braids tutorial for later!
- Split your hair into half.
- Braid them/plait them.
- Take one braid over your head to the other side and secure it in place with hair grips/bobby pins.
- Do the same to the other side.
Bubble Ponytails Hairstyle
I did this recently on an outing with my friend Isobel, where I dressed up in a Cinnamoroll outfit. Here’s how I did it!
Pin this bubble ponytails tutorial for later!
- Split your hair into half and then up into two pigtails.
- At every two inches or so, secure your hair with a hair bobble/elastic band.
- Repeat until you go all the way down your hair.
- Gently pinch and pull at each section to create your desired bubble shape.
- BONUS: You can always dress up your hair by adding in bows or roses to cover up the elastic bands!
Which no-heat hairstyle are you going to try? Let me know when you’ve tried it out – I can’t wait to see your results!
KarinaOctober 27, 2019
These hairstyles are sooo cute! I want to try the milkmaid braides…… I’ll probably fail 🙂
MichelleOctober 28, 2019
Thanks for the cute hairstyle ideas. I use that same hair technique to create waves in my hair. I already have naturally curly/wavy hair but always sleep with my hair in braids (or a bun) to keep the natural curls. ♥
kennaOctober 28, 2019
This post is so cute!
I love that you included visual help, and that they’d be easy to save a refer back to!
Great post, I should probably use less heat myself :’)
JessOctober 28, 2019
These are so cute! Bookmarking for when my hair grows out and is long enough to do cute things with 😅
Kayleigh ZaraOctober 28, 2019
Those braded buns are the cutest! They look so good, I really like the other looks too x
Kayleigh Zara 🥂✨ http://www.kayleighzaraa.com
EmilyOctober 28, 2019
I love no heat hair tutorials! Mostly because I’m terrible at doing my own hair (I can barely straighten my hair let alone curl it!), but also because I’m trying to keep my hair healthy by not using any heat on it. So these braids and styles are so perfect! I loved your wavy hair with the space buns- so cute! Plus, you made everything look so easy it makes me feel like maybe I could have attempt to do this to my hair, lol.
Emily | https://www.thatweirdgirllife.com
BrennaMarch 24, 2021
I’ll try these ones omg 😍💖💖💖
KieliOctober 31, 2019
I love these! And you look adorable in all of them! My favorite is the bubble one! ♥
NatNovember 4, 2019
I HATE using heat on my hair, so when I read tutorials like this I always enjoy them! 😀 I’m definitely going to give these a go soon, especially for my trip to Japan! 😀
KatrinaNovember 7, 2019
I love how you’ve done these tutorials, these are some great styles x