When you think of gyaru makeup you, naturally, would think about wearing circle lenses but what about the people who can’t wear such things? Yep, I am one of those people, and although I used to wear them I can happily say that I haven’t been wearing them for 90% of my gyaru life. Because of this, I’ve been having quite a lot of people asking me on my instagram on how I do my eye makeup without circle lens and the other day I finally bit the bullet and took some photos. I’m hoping to do a video in future but I’m a bit of a n00b when it comes to video stuff. If anyone has some advice that would be amazing.
So here goes… My gyaru makeup tutorial without circle lenses! I hope you’ll like it.
related post: can I be gyaru if…?
Here are my steps in more detail:
- Put brown shimmery eyeshadow on the whole of your eyelid
- Add some black to the outer corner and blend in with the brown
- OPTIONAL: This is where I do my eyebags! For this I just used a highlighter and put that right beneath my waterline, and I use a brown eyebrow pencil to shade in underneath it. You only need to do a soft line – try not to smudge it too much!
- Now it’s time to add some eye liner! If you’re not wearing circle lens I would recommend sticking as close as you can to your eye (if that makes sense?). I used gel liner for this but I used pencile eyeliner to put a line at the middle of my waterline. I smudge it a little bit but that’s just me.
- And then the lashes! I love spikey lashes, and the ones I used here are Twinkle Lash Sexy Eye (upper) and Decorative Lash (lower).
This is my usual eye makeup routine, but sometimes I do mix it up by adding in some other colours for my eyeshadow. Hopefully I can do some more tutorials in future! I really enjoyed doing this tehe.
Hope this helps… Please feel free to ask me any questions on here or on my other accounts (below)! I’ll help out as much as I can!
Until next Sunday ♡
Lizzie Bee xx / facebook / tumblr / twitter / instagram / bloglovin’
What do you think?